Monday, October 14, 2013

A WEE BIT ABOUT ME

My name is Carline and I am an avid crafter. I have been married to a wonderful man for 29 years and have 2 daughters.  Twelve years ago, we moved from New York to Maryland.  At first, I had a hard time adjusting to the new life but I have learned to appreciate the more laid-back atmosphere.
I have been crafting for more than 20 years and have tried my skills at quite a few crafts before settling on scrapbooking and card making.  I just love the creativity of paper crafting.  I have made cards for different occasions for friends and family. Four years ago, I bought a Cricut personal cutter and needless to say that I wanted to see what it can do.  Without the complete knowledge of how to create with the cricut, I started my first project.  I went for what was going my greatest challenge: creating layered poinsettias. I was to make 80 x-mas cards for friends and family..Yeah, I used up lots and lots of scrap paper until I figure out what dimension I wanted my final image to be.  I made sure that I wrote down all the settings I used using the cricut and from that point on it was a breeze.  Then one year after, I came across the Cricut Expression and I had to have it as well.  My husband could not understand why I needed 2 die cut machines that basically do the same thing and he was totally flabbergasted when a year after I got the Silhouette Cameo.  How can I explain that I love each one for a different reason...lol...Anyway, I have enjoyed the beautiful creations that I made from using each and every one of my die cutters.  I sometimes use them in tandem.  I love the Silhouette because it gives me the intricate cuts that the Cricut does not and I can use images I either purchased or get from free online.  Although the Expression can be connected to my MAC and use the CCR (Cricut Craft Room design software) I still needed to buy the cartridges and you know those are not cheap.  But now I can say that I have the best of both world...

No comments:

Post a Comment